Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Aesop Fables. I was trying to find a an aesop book which my 19-month old daughter wouldn't tear up. Among the board books there was only one choice. That was Mice, Morals, & Monkey Business: Lively Lessons form Aesop's Fables by Christopher Wormell. I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the mailbox. This book's style is a bit different then other Aesop's books in that it is more of a picture book. The onus is more upon the reader to tell the story along with the picture. There are short paragraphs in the back of the book to refresh the mind of the reader.

The other book I was tempted to buy for my tot is Aesop's Fables by Savior Pirotta. It brings on a fresh perspective to the age-old Aesop's tale without damaging the integrity of the story. The pictures inside are fantastic. The only problem is it's lack of availability in board book format. Sigh.

No comments: